In the last few weeks I’ve started making raw chocolate and I am obsessed! Making raw chocolate is super easy and can be used in so many ways to create fantastic treats to suit any taste preferences.
This week I decided to try out some mint choc cups, using some new silicone moulds I picked up. This batch took about 15 minutes to make, including time for each layer to set.
You can add more or less peppermint essence depending on your taste and, trust me, you won’t taste the spinach at all!
- 1/2 X cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 X cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 X cup maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 X cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 X big handful spinach (this makes the mixture green)
- 1/4 X cup maple syrup
- 1/4 X cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 X cup desiccated coconut
- /2 X cup coconut milk
- 1 X bunch mint leaves
- 1 X tsp peppermint essence (you can use more or less if you like)
Whisk together chocolate ingredients until smooth then pour half the mixture in a thin layer into silicone cups or a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Allow to set in the freezer for 5 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine all ingredients for the mint layer, gradually adding the peppermint essence at the end to taste.
When the chocolate has set, pour the mint layer on top. Allow to set for 10 minutes then top with the remaining chocolate mixture. Leave to set completely in the fridge for a few hours.
Once set enjoy these cheeky chocolates, you will forget they contain veggies!